Crusted Pork Chops
Terri McKitrick of Delafield, Wisconsin shares these moist, golden-crusted pork chops, flavored with fresh rosemary, that are special enough to serve company…quick enough for weekdays.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place biscuit mix and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another
- shallow bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs and rosemary. Coat
- pork chops with biscuit mix, dip in egg, then coat with cheese
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run
- clear, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 446 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 43 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.