Crusted Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place buttermilk and flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in buttermilk and coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Drizzle with butter. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 463 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein .
Reviews for Crusted Baked Chicken
"My husband and I love this recipe. We cook it often."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.