Coating your chicken with flour before dipping it in buttermilk and rolling it in crumbs, help make it crisp. Moist and tender, this mouth- watering chicken is covered with a seasoned bread-crumb mixture and then baked golden brown.
Featured In: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place buttermilk and flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in buttermilk and coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Drizzle with butter. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crusted Baked Chicken in Country Extra September 2009, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crusted Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2011
"My husband and I love this recipe. We cook it often."