Crusted Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place buttermilk and flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in buttermilk and coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Drizzle with butter. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Crusted Baked Chicken
Sort By :
My husband and I love this recipe. We cook it often.