- 20 peppermint or mint creme Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- Additional crushed candy canes or chopped Oreo cookies, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, flour and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 1-1/2 cups of batter to a small bowl; stir in crushed candy canes.
- Pour plain batter over crust. Drop candy cane batter by tablespoonfuls over plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 70-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with additional crushed candy canes if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Crushed Peppermint Cheesecake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Crushed Peppermint Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2014
"Great flavor. Recipe should call for you to remove filling before crushing Oreos for crust. Otherwise, you just have a sticky, not finely crushed mess. (Still tastes great!)"