This is one of my favorite recipes. The yummy yams are the perfect complement to a holiday ham or turkey and ideal for impressing a potluck crowd. –Marian Moreman of Canyon Country, California
- 2-1/2 pounds yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Special K
- Place yams in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain yams and place in a large bowl; mash. Stir in the egg substitute, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Add pecans and brown sugar; cook and stir until sugar is melted. Stir in cereal until coated. Sprinkle over yam mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Yam Bake in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p19
Reviews for Crunchy Yam Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review