Crunchy Whole Wheat Cookies
One day, my grandmother and I were planning on making cookies, but she didn't have all-purpose flour. I suggested we use whole wheat flour. The result is a crisp hearty cookie loaded with flavor.
39 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light
- and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually
- add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.