Crunchy Whole Wheat Cookies Recipe
One day, my grandmother and I were planning on making cookies, but she didn't have all-purpose flour. I suggested we use whole wheat flour. The result is a crisp hearty cookie loaded with flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:39 servings
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC