Crunchy Waldorf Salad Recipe
The lemon juice gives this easy salad quite a zip and the apples and nuts offer a nice crunch. It’s light, refreshing and effortless to assemble. —Chuck Hinz, Parma, Ohio
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Gently stir in the celery, walnuts, raisins and mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 299 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC