Crunchy Veggie Toss Recipe
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing or vinegar and oil salad dressing
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Add the almonds and salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
One 3/4 cup serving (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 194 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.