Crunchy Veggie Toss Recipe
Crisp carrots, green beans, water chestnuts, garbanzo beans and more combine with bottled dressing in this sensational salad. "I created this medley when I wanted something easy, delicious and healthy," relates Ronda Leuth of Le Claire, Iowa.
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing or vinegar and oil salad dressing
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Add the almonds and salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 194 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Crunchy Veggie Toss
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC