Crunchy Veggie Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise and salt until blended. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 162 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Crunchy Veggie Sandwiches
"This sandwich is really good a little on the messy side, but delicious! We all enjoyed it. You don't have to limit yourself to just these veggies in it either. It's great in the spring and summer seasons."