"These sandwiches are a creative way to get kids to eat veggies. I've been making them for about 25 years," says Bridget Ward of Roeland Park, Kansas. "They're a great picnic food."
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise and salt until blended. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Veggie Sandwich in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p45
Reviews for Crunchy Veggie Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2010
"This sandwich is really good a little on the messy side, but delicious! We all enjoyed it. You don't have to limit yourself to just these veggies in it either. It's great in the spring and summer seasons."