"These sandwiches are a creative way to get kids to eat veggies. I've been making them for about 25 years," says Bridget Ward of Roeland Park, Kansas. "They're a great picnic food."
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise and salt until blended. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Veggie Sandwich in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p45
Reviews for Crunchy Veggie Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review