Crunchy Veggie Salad
"A friend gave me the recipe for this colorful refreshing salad 30 years ago," says Gusty Crum of Dover, Ohio. "It's wonderful alongside baked chicken."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, celery, carrot and green
- pepper. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, chives,
- vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Serve
- on lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and fat-free milk) equals 56 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.