Crunchy Vegetable Bake Recipe
While traveling in Kentucky a few years ago, my husband and I enjoyed an excellent mixed vegetable dish at a restaurant...and the owners were kind enough to share the recipe. It makes four casseroles so it's great for a church supper or other large group. -Jean Voan, Shepherd, Texas
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4-1/2 cups (36 ounces) sour cream
- 4 to 6 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 8 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 8 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute celery and onions in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the beans, corn and water chestnuts. Transfer to four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, almonds and butter. Sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 60-80 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 78 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC