While traveling in Kentucky a few years ago, my husband and I enjoyed an excellent mixed vegetable dish at a restaurant...and the owners were kind enough to share the recipe. It makes four casseroles so it's great for a church supper or other large group. -Jean Voan, Shepherd, Texas
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4-1/2 cups (36 ounces) sour cream
- 4 to 6 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 8 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 8 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onions in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the beans, corn and water chestnuts. Transfer to four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, almonds and butter. Sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 60-80 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Vegetable Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p39
Reviews for Crunchy Vegetable Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review