- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, oil and vanilla. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. foil-lined baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Crunchy Vanilla Walnuts
Sort By :
"Doubled the batch and cooked at the same temp and time. Superb! I may need to hide them!"
"Very tasty snack! I followed the recipe as written, using Splenda instead of sugar. I also discovered I didn't have enough walnuts, so I ended up using 2 cups of walnuts and 2 cups of pecans. They were done for me after 25 minutes, and made the kitchen smell wonderful!"
"I love this recipe, the walnuts were so good. I thought it was a great balance of sweet & spicy. (I used Splenda). Super easy to make."
"Due to comments here, we have reviewed and retested this recipe. We have lowered the baking temp to 300 and the time to 30 min. The changes will be updated here soon. We aplogize for the error.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"The walnuts burned even when stirred every 10 minutes. I think if the cook time/temp were adjusted the flavor would be good, so optimistically went with two stars, even though my first attempt at this recipe was definitely a one star."