Crunchy Vanilla Walnuts
A source of omega-3s and B vitamins, these walnuts are so delicious. —Gabriele Osborn, Rancho Santa Fe, California
13 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, oil and vanilla. Add sugar
- mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. foil-lined baking pan coated
- with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 4-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 243 calories, 22 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.