A source of omega-3s and B vitamins, these walnuts are so delicious. —Gabriele Osborn, Rancho Santa Fe, California
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, oil and vanilla. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. foil-lined baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Crunchy Vanilla Walnuts in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p45
Reviews for Crunchy Vanilla Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review