Crunchy Turkey Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey, chicken or ham
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, garlic salt and pepper; shake well.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.