Crunchy Turkey Salad Recipe
Adding a refreshing salad to the spread is a snap with Brenda Moore James' recipe. "The water chestnuts, almonds, celery and chow mein noodles provide lots of crunch," she notes from her home at Livermore, California. "Topping it all is a sweet-sour dressing my family loves."
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey, chicken or ham
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, garlic salt and pepper; shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Turkey Salad in Country Woman May/June 1999, p40
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Turkey Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >