Crunchy Turkey Casserole
This comforting second-time-around casserole from Lois Koogler of Sidney, Ohio is perfect for a family supper or potluck. "With its appealing crunch from water chestnuts, almonds and chow mein noodles, this economical main dish is enjoyed by all," she assures.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk or chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the turkey, celery,
- onion, water chestnuts and soy sauce.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- noodles and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 274 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.