This comforting second-time-around casserole from Lois Koogler of Sidney, Ohio is perfect for a family supper or potluck. "With its appealing crunch from water chestnuts, almonds and chow mein noodles, this economical main dish is enjoyed by all," she assures.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk or chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the turkey, celery, onion, water chestnuts and soy sauce.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with noodles and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Turkey Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p42
Reviews for Crunchy Turkey Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review