- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk or chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the turkey, celery, onion, water chestnuts and soy sauce.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with noodles and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Turkey Casserole
"I've made this a couple of times now. The only changes were (1) substituting chicken for the turkey as we had leftover rotisserie chicken, (2) toasting the almonds, and (3) only using part of the chow mein noodles and leaving them for when we had the leftovers so the noodles were crunchy."
"my hubby & I loved this, I plan to take this to Church potlucks. Leftovers are OK but should be used the first time as the noodles get soft. Still a wonderful dish with chicken or turkey."
"Since we're empty nesters, I make only half of this, and is very, very good. Have used chicken instead of turkey with good results, but plan to stick with turkey."
"For a hearty meal, this was great. It was easy to make and had a great taste. Oh yes I will make this again."
"Very good! Did not have chow mein noodles so I used french fried onions. Tasted great."