Crunchy Tuna Turnovers Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups crushed potato chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine tuna, cheese, mayonnaise, olives and lemon-pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of tuna mixture onto one side of each circle. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- 2. Place egg and potato chips in separate shallow bowls. Dip turnovers in egg, then coat with chips. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Make a 2-1/2-in. slit in top of each turnover. Bake at 375° for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 225 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Crunchy Tuna Turnovers
"I have made these for friends as a new twist on a tuna sandwich for lunch. I usually have a salad of fruit or vegetable to go along side. Simple meal rather quick. I also use low sodium and low fat products throughout the ingredients listed and always low salt potato chips and eggbeaters for dipping. I did add some panko crumbs when low on chips for coating, works great, good crunch too."
"Try it with a good chicken salad."