Crunchy Tuna Turnovers Recipe
"I used to work with a cook who considered this sandwich one of his specialties," says Denise Hollebeke of Penhold, Alberta. "Once I tried it, I could see why. It's a great change from a traditional tuna sandwich."
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups crushed potato chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine tuna, cheese, mayonnaise, olives and lemon-pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of tuna mixture onto one side of each circle. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- 2. Place egg and potato chips in separate shallow bowls. Dip turnovers in egg, then coat with chips. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Make a 2-1/2-in. slit in top of each turnover. Bake at 375° for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Tuna Turnovers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC