- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Tuna Surprise
Sort By :
Second time I used a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of cheddar cheese soup. Also added a can of sliced water chestnuts to mixture. Topped w/chow mein noodles before serving rather than the crushed corn flakes. Turned out very good. Adding the extra can of soup kept it from becoming dried out the next day.
I used cream of chicken soup instead because that was what I had on hand and added 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese to mixture. Was very good the first night but was a little dried out when I tried to eat it for lunch the next day.