Charlotte Baillargeon of Hinsdale, Massachusetts puts a unique twist on tuna salad sandwiches by seasoning the creamy mixture with ginger and soy sauce. A can of sliced water chestnuts provides the tasty crunch.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerator for 1 hour. Just before serving, spoon onto rolls and top with a lettuce leaf. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Tuna Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p46
Reviews for Crunchy Tuna Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2010
"The soy sauce overpowers the tuna."
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2008
"Is the fat content correct in this recipe? It seems really high!"