Charlotte Baillargeon of Hinsdale, Massachusetts puts a unique twist on tuna salad sandwiches by seasoning the creamy mixture with ginger and soy sauce. A can of sliced water chestnuts provides the tasty crunch.
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerator for 1 hour. Just before serving, spoon onto rolls and top with a lettuce leaf. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Tuna Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p46
Reviews for Crunchy Tuna Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2010
"The soy sauce overpowers the tuna."
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2008
"Is the fat content correct in this recipe? It seems really high!"