Crunchy Tossed Salad Recipe
Count on compliments, not leftovers, when you share this fun, crunchy salad at your next gathering. It's so easy to toss together, and someone always asks for the recipe. —Deborah Weisberger, Mullett Lake, Michigan
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, in a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, bacon, almonds, sesame seeds and onions in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with chow mein noodles. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 167 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC