Crunchy Tossed Salad with Chicken Recipe
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups potato sticks
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, celery, carrots and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Pour over salad; lightly toss to coat. Add potato sticks; serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 426 calories, 32 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.