Crunchy Tossed Salad with Chicken
I like to prepare this in summer when the men are late getting in from the fields. Chicken and a zesty dressing turn simple greens into a satisfying main meal.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups potato sticks
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, celery, carrots and
- onions. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar,
- mustard and pepper. Pour over salad; lightly toss to coat. Add
- potato sticks; serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 426 calories, 32 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon