I like to prepare this in summer when the men are late getting in from the fields. Chicken and a zesty dressing turn simple greens into a satisfying main meal.
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups potato sticks
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, celery, carrots and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Pour over salad; lightly toss to coat. Add potato sticks; serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Tossed Salad with Chicken in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Tossed Salad with Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review