- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, in a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, bacon, almonds, sesame seeds and onions in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with chow mein noodles. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Tossed Salad
Sort By :
I have made this salad for years! Everyone loves it and always asks for the recipe. I have extra copies to give out.
Best salad. I'm making it Christmas dinner. I also make it for every other family occasion or just because.
Great salad. We usually use spring mix lettuce, baby spinach or both!!
This is my family's and friend's all time favorite salad recipe. We eat it all year long and it always seems to impress when I take it to potlucks, BBQs, and holiday gatherings.
I usually add 1 1/2 T. of sesame oil to the dressing. And add romaine lettuce. This is one recipe that I really enjoy!! The sesame oil really gives it an asian flair!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >