- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, in a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, bacon, almonds, sesame seeds and onions in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with chow mein noodles. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Tossed Salad
"I have made this salad for years! Everyone loves it and always asks for the recipe. I have extra copies to give out."
"Great salad. We usually use spring mix lettuce, baby spinach or both!!"
"This salad is a regular in our household. The whole family loves it!"
"My sister made this for a family gathering and I just loved the crunchy bits of bacon, almonds and chow mein noodles. This is a regular at my house now!!!"