Crunchy Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, in a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, bacon, almonds, sesame seeds and onions in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with chow mein noodles. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Tossed Salad(6)
Sort By :
Great salad. We usually use spring mix lettuce, baby spinach or both!!
This is my family's and friend's all time favorite salad recipe. We eat it all year long and it always seems to impress when I take it to potlucks, BBQs, and holiday gatherings.
I usually add 1 1/2 T. of sesame oil to the dressing. And add romaine lettuce. This is one recipe that I really enjoy!! The sesame oil really gives it an asian flair!
Our extended family loves this salad. A niece fixed it for a holiday meal and it's on every table when we have a get-to-gether. There's never so much as a noodle left.
This salad is a regular in our household. The whole family loves it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >