Crunchy-Top Gingerbread Recipe
My grandmother often served this dessert with her special Sunday dinners, and my mother and I have also taken it to church suppers over the years. I love baking and I usually fall asleep reading cookbooks in bed.
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. Prepare gingerbread according to package directions. Bake in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan at 350° for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, butter, salt, cinnamon and nuts; mix well. Sprinkle over gingerbread; bake for an additional 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm. Garnish with dollop of whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 slice: 175 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy-Top Gingerbread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC