Crunchy Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
I first tried this delicious pie at a church potluck dinner and was immediately hooked. I've spent many years perfecting my own recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping or ice cream
- 1. In a bowl, blend sugar and spices. Beat eggs; add milk and vanilla. Combine the sugar mixture. Stir in potatoes; beat until smooth. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Combine topping ingredients. Remove pie from the oven; sprinkle with topping. Bake 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 598 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC