- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping or ice cream
- In a bowl, blend sugar and spices. Beat eggs; add milk and vanilla. Combine the sugar mixture. Stir in potatoes; beat until smooth. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Combine topping ingredients. Remove pie from the oven; sprinkle with topping. Bake 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCrunchy Sweet Potato Pie
"Wonderful! pie making just doesn't get any easier or tastier. Topping was very plentiful. pie would still be great even if topping left off. Used canned potatoes. Baked as directed. Whipped cream is a must for the sweet pie! As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home I enjoy classic recipes with a new twist."
"One of our favorites for Fall. I puree the sweet potatoes in my blender so it is much creamier. I chop the nuts FINE so it's easier to cut."
"This was a winner in our household. easy to make and so flavorful, it disappears quickly!"
"everybody absolutely loved this pie. It was a huge hit."
"I made this for my son-in-law & he said itwas the best sweet potato pie he has evertasted."
"This was excellent, will have this instead of pumkin for ever more"