- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping or ice cream
- In a bowl, blend sugar and spices. Beat eggs; add milk and vanilla. Combine the sugar mixture. Stir in potatoes; beat until smooth. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Combine topping ingredients. Remove pie from the oven; sprinkle with topping. Bake 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
One of our favorites for Fall. I puree the sweet potatoes in my blender so it is much creamier. I chop the nuts FINE so it's easier to cut.
This was a winner in our household. Easy to make and so flavorful, it disappears quickly!
I served this at Thanksgiving to guests who have never had sweet potato pie and it was a big hit.
everybody absolutely loved this pie. It was a huge hit.
I made this for my son-in-law & he said it
was the best sweet potato pie he has ever