Crunchy Sweet Potato Balls
My mother always served these sweet potato balls at Thanksgivingand she always had to double the recipe!
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 to 8 large marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Mix sweet potatoes, egg, 2 tablespoons butter, cream, salt and
- nutmeg. Divide into six to eight portions. Pat each portion around a
- marshmallow. Roll in remaining butter and then in cornflakes. Place
- in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.