My mother always served these sweet potato balls at Thanksgiving—and she always had to double the recipe!
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 to 8 large marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Mix sweet potatoes, egg, 2 tablespoons butter, cream, salt and nutmeg. Divide into six to eight portions. Pat each portion around a marshmallow. Roll in remaining butter and then in cornflakes. Place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Balls in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p45
Reviews for Crunchy Sweet Potato Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2009
"this is going to be on my table on thanksgiving!!!!!! YUMMMM"