- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 to 8 large marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Mix sweet potatoes, egg, 2 tablespoons butter, cream, salt and nutmeg. Divide into six to eight portions. Pat each portion around a marshmallow. Roll in remaining butter and then in cornflakes. Place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Balls in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p45
Reviews for Crunchy Sweet Potato Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review