Crunchy Sweet Potato Bake
This is one of our all-time favorites, both for holidays and everyday. The topping gives a nice nutty crunch to the smooth, sweet potatoes underneath.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium), peeled and quartered
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-18 minutes or until
- tender. Drain. Mash the sweet potatoes with the sugar, milk, butter,
- ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake,
- uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
- Yield: 8 servings.