Crunchy Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium), peeled and quartered
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-18 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash the sweet potatoes with the sugar, milk, butter, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Sweet Potato Bake(4)
Sort By :
This has become a family favorite for the holidays. Since bringing this dish to our family dinner a few years ago, it has become a must have on our list of dishes to bring to the Holiday meal.
very good - will double the topping part of the recipe next time i make it - thought it needed more crunch.
Very good tasting combination - at the last minute I realized the kids ate the cornflakes so I ended up substituting golden grahams for the cornflakes - I would do this again, the honey flavor with pecans was delicious and the topping was nice and crunchy and good contrast to the potatoes.
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving. It was a big hit even for those who do not eat sweet potatoes. I will make it instead of mashed potatoes for future meals.