Crunchy-Style Chicken Salad
Water chestnuts and pecans dress up this creamy chicken salad sent by Margaret McNeil in Memphis, Tennessee. It looks especially pretty nestled on a bed of lettuce leaves, but it also makes a fun sandwich filling.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Serve on lettuce-lined
- plates. Garnish with egg slices. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 304 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 692 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.