Water chestnuts and pecans dress up this creamy chicken salad sent by Margaret McNeil in Memphis, Tennessee. It looks especially pretty nestled on a bed of lettuce leaves, but it also makes a fun sandwich filling.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Serve on lettuce-lined plates. Garnish with egg slices. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy-Style Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review