Crunchy Spinach Salad
A fresh salad is the perfect complement to any summer meal, like my grilled ribeye steaks. This salad, with its tangy dressing and crisp, crunchy ingredients, has become one of our very favorites.
Sharon Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 quarts fresh torn spinach
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts,
- eggs, bacon and onion. In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing
- ingredients. Cover and shake well to mix. Just before serving, pour
- dressing over salad and toss. Yield: 8 servings.