A fresh salad is the perfect complement to any summer meal, like my grilled ribeye steaks. This salad, with its tangy dressing and crisp, crunchy ingredients, has become one of our very favorites. —Sharon Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
- 2 quarts fresh torn spinach
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, eggs, bacon and onion. In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Cover and shake well to mix. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p31
Reviews for Crunchy Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2011
"This spinach salad is delicious and easy to prepare."