Crunchy Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 quarts fresh torn spinach
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, eggs, bacon and onion. In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Cover and shake well to mix. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p31
Reviews for Crunchy Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2011
"This spinach salad is delicious and easy to prepare."