My mother made this every Thanksgiving; I in turn make it every Christmas and Thanksgiving, and my children and grandchildren absolutely love it! Our holidays would not be the same without this family tradition. We triple the recipe because the kids can't get enough—it's easily doubled or tripled to feed a crowd. Many guests of mine who don't like spinach can't get enough of this tasty, yet easy, casserole. —Sharon Scaletta, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Top 10 Casserole Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed bread (1/2 inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach and soup.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in bread cubes. Sprinkle over top. Bake 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and bread cubes are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Spinach Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p41
Reviews for Crunchy Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review