Crunchy Spiced Nuts
These flavor-packed nuts provide vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. You’ll love ’em! Suzanne Wood - Houston, TX
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and water. Sift together the
- confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg;
- place in another shallow bowl. Coat nuts in egg mixture, then dip in
- sugar mixture.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 250° for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 182 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.