Crunchy Spiced Nuts Recipe
These flavor-packed nuts provide vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. You’ll love ’em! Suzanne Wood - Houston, TX
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and water. Sift together the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; place in another shallow bowl. Coat nuts in egg mixture, then dip in sugar mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 182 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Spiced Nuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC