- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and water. Sift together the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; place in another shallow bowl. Coat nuts in egg mixture, then dip in sugar mixture.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Crunchy Spiced Nuts in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p47
Reviews for Crunchy Spiced Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review