Crunchy Snack Mix
I got the recipe from my aunt when I wanted to make a snack for a brunch I was hosting. The brimming bowls I set out were emptied in no time.
—Milia Ziegler, Cincinnati, Ohio
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 package (12 ounces) Crispix cereal
- 1-1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to
- a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Spread cereal in a
- large roasting pan. Pour syrup mixture over cereal and stir until
- well coated. Sprinkle with nuts and stir.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on
- waxed paper to cool. Break apart and store in airtight containers.
- Yield: 15 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 301 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.