Crunchy Snack Mix with Peanuts Recipe
- 6 cups Crispix
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 pound dry roasted peanuts
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a greased roasting pan, combine cereals and peanuts; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- 2. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7 quarts.
3/4 cup: 239 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Snack Mix with Peanuts
"This is a cinch to make. It was a big hit with young and old alike. I added pretzel sticks to my mix and used cashews instead of the dry roasted peanuts."