Crunchy Snack Mix with Peanuts
This crunchy, nutty snack has mass appeal. Make it during the Christmas season or whenever your family is craving something yummy to munch.—Rose Marie Domeny, Mundelein, Illinois
37 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 6 cups Crispix
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 pound dry roasted peanuts
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a greased roasting pan, combine cereals and peanuts; set aside. In
- a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn
- syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour
- over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 7 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.