Crunchy Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 cup frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, seafood sauce and lemon juice; serve with the shrimp salad. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 169 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.