Crunchy Shrimp Salad
"I received the recipe for this fresh-tasting shrimp and veggie salad from a co-worker several years ago," recalls Suzanne Strocsher of Bothell, Washington. Dollop the dressing over the top or stir into the medley for a lunch treat during warm summer months.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, seafood sauce and lemon juice; serve with
- the shrimp salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 169 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.