Crunchy Sauerkraut Salad
Debbie Jones' tangy crisp salad combines apple and dill with sauerkraut for a refreshingly different side dish. "It's delicious served with pork roast," says this California, Maryland field editor who loves to entertain - from casual cookouts to formal dinner parties.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 unpeeled apple, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 1
- hour. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 112 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.