- refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours or until chilled.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook
- and stir onion until tender. Stir in parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup bread crumbs, mayonnaise, lemon
- juice, salt, remaining pepper and onion mixture; if desired, add
- pepper sauce. Flake salmon; add to bread crumb mixture, mixing
- lightly. Shape into eight 2-1/2-in. patties.
- Place egg whites and remaining bread crumbs in separate shallow
- bowls. Dip salmon patties in egg whites, then roll in crumbs to
- coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops
- with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 14-17 minutes
- or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients; serve with salmon cakes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 salmon cakes with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 422 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.